Neighbors United for DC Statehood focuses on two main areas in the movement for DC Statehood: 1) Community education & organizing; and 2) Congressional Lobbying. Organizing statehood groups neighborhood by neighborhood, Ward by Ward is the way we will build a strong and sustainable grassroots movement for DC Statehood. Below are some suggestions for what you can do at your home, in your neighborhood, at your place of worship, or your school to promote DC Statehood. Every effort, big and small, will play a part in helping us achieve equality with our neighbors in the 50 states.
Here are ways that you can help organize for DC Statehood:
- Host a party/reception at your house and invite friends, family, and neighbors over to discuss DC Statehood. We can provide a speaker to give a brief presentation, facilitate a discussion, and answer questions.
- Organize your own neighborhood statehood group to become involved in the city wide movement (presently groups are being formed at the Ward level across the city while neighborhoods like Brookland already have their own group).
- Work within a local civic group to have them work on statehood issues. Civic and Citizens Associations are perfect groups to become involved in the movement for statehood because they work to represent the civic ethos of our neighborhoods and the people who live in them.
- Organize a statehood group at your place of worship
- Invite us in to speak at your civic group, place of worship, school, or place of work for a presentation and discussion on DC Statehood
For more information on how you can become involved please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org