Delaware is the only state in the union whose entire congressional delegation cosponsors the statehood bill in the House and the Senate. The great Commonwealth of Massachusetts is pretty close to be the second state with this great distinction. Presently both of their Senators and six of their nine Representatives in the House cosponsor the statehood bill. Let’s put forth a full throated effort to inundate the remaining three holdouts in the House with calls or emails to convince them to add their names to the DC statehood bill, HR 1291. Please contact Massachusetts Representatives Kennedy, Neal, and Keating today!
Here’s what we need to do:
- Send an email or call each office asking that their boss cosponsor the statehood bill.
- Ask a family member or friend living in Massachusetts to do the same (we really need them to do this for us).
Here’s who to contact & here’s sample text for your email:
- Representative Joe Kennedy, email@example.com, 202.225.5931
- Representative Richard Neal, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202.225.5601
- Representative William Keating, email@example.com, 202.225.3111
Representative by Representative, Senator by Senator, state by state we will build a coalition of support that will make D.C. statehood a reality.
Let’s get the Bay State to support the Next State!