I’m mad as hell.
I’m mad as hell because the U.S. Senate voted to move forward on legislation that could cause 41,000 District citizens to lose their health insurance and we had no Senators to exercise their voice or their vote on the matter.
I’m mad as hell because this vote like every other Senate vote in our country’s history has left out the voice and vote of the people of the District of Columbia.
And I’m mad as hell because many Democratic Senators have spent the last few weeks imploring the American people to “Call Your Senators” yet they are mute on whether or not the people of D.C. should have Senators of our own.
We need to renew our push to get Senate cosponsors on the statehood bill (as the House Bill just reached a record number of cosponsors!!!) so let’s target a few Senators who spent a lot of time imploring people to call their Senators.
So if you’re mad as hell, or moderately upset, or just a wee bit peeved about not having Senators we need you to ask the following Senators to finally support our right to be able to “call our Senators!” Here’s who to email:
- Chris Murphy (D-CT), Michael_Bednarczyk@murphy.senate.gov
- Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Sandeep_Prasanna@judiciary-dem.senate.gov
- Maria Cantwell (D-WA), email@example.com
- Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Eric_Goode@duckworth.senate.gov
- Kamala Harris (D-CA), Sergio_Gonzales@harris.senate.gov
- Mazie Hirono (D-HI), Shelby_Boxenbaum@hirono.senate.gov
- Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Laura_schiller@klobuchar.senate.gov
- Tom Udall (D-NM), Leticia_Delgado@tomudall.senate.gov
- Angus King (I-ME), Chad_Metzler@king.senate.gov
- Jeff Merkley (D-OR), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Wyden (D-OR), email@example.com
- Mark Warner (D-VA), firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s sample text: Over the last few weeks the Senator has implored Americans to call their Senators but because I live in the District of Columbia I have none to call. We in the District could have 41,000 of our neighbors lose their health insurance in the coming years through no fault of their own. We deserve to have our own Senators weigh in on health care or any other issue before the Senate. The Senator should continue to implore Americans to call their Senators while also supporting my right and that of my 681,000 neighbors to have our own Senators to call by cosponsoring the D.C. statehood bill, S. 1278.