Neighbors United for DC Statehood is a grassroots civic group committed to organizing, educating, and acting for D.C. statehood. We rely solely on the collective power of committed volunteers from the District and around the country and we welcome you to join and act with us to achieve equality for the people of D.C. via statehood. Here’s how:
- Invite us to your place of work, school, place of worship, or union hall and we’ll lead a discussion on DC history and the struggle for statehood.
- Inform your friends & family in the 50 states about our status and let them know where their members of Congress stand on equality for the people of DC.
- Host us for a planning session with family, friends, coworkers, classmates, or others. Just bring small groups of people together and we’ll help facilitate a discussion on statehood and help you draw up your own action plans to help the cause.
- Get your civic group, union, place of worship to adopt statehood as a core focus issue and use it to reach others similar groups in the 50 states.
- Write to members of Congress in opposition to Congressional meddling in D.C. affairs and in support of D.C. statehood. Here’s our target Senate list for the 115th Congress: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MjobtVOmynPRJm7ooaoN414SrcXaJLOcJAPXybtV81I/edit?usp=sharing
- Share stories on Twitter and Facebook about the District’s unique status and use the hashtag #DCStatehood.
- Participate in a lobby day. Our next one is on Feb. 15th please sign-up here.
- Draft Op-Eds for papers around the country.
- Encourage District leaders to dedicate more funding to the statehood effort.
- Lobby District leaders to fund the development of a logistical and financial plan to become a state which includes taken control over our court and prison system.
- Financially support candidates who support statehood & oppose those who do not.
- Participate in acts of civil disobedience to raise awareness & to stand up to Congressional interlopers.
- Share with us other ways to support the cause.