DC Trivia Night #2
I’m excited to announce that we’ll host our 2nd DC Trivia Night at Steel Plate in Brookland from 8-10pm on December 9, 2015. All are welcome and encouraged to attend and participate. Like last time we’ll have guest MCs including Councilmembers David Grosso and Kenyan McDuffie, and Congresswoman Norton who will each ask questions for a couple of the rounds. This is a fun way to learn about DC’s rich history and culture and I hope you will be able to join us. Here’s the Facebook Event Page for it and please share it with your friends, family, and neighbors.
While your attendance is most important we need assistance with a few other things too that evening:
- We need 2-3 volunteers to help collect score sheets & help with tabulating scores in-between rounds.
- We would like a couple of sponsors to provide prizes for winning teams. It’d be great if a local business could help us with prizes for the 1st-4th place teams. Prizes can be either as simple as paying for a round of drinks or something else. It’s a great way to support a good cause and get your name out there! I’m willing to help with suggestions.
We’re making progress on the statehood front in Congress with 127 Cosponsors in the House & 18 in the Senate but we have a lot of work to do. Recently, I was on the Hill meeting with Senate offices again and had one office commit to cosponsoring the bill (though not officially on it yet) but there are still others who I believe will get on the bill with just a bit more pressure from us and their constituents. Every staffer I met with said these emails count as they use them to make the case that people are asking for Senators to support statehood. Thus if you have friends and family in Minnesota, Connecticut, Oregon, Michigan, and New Mexico please let me know and I’ll give you a brief summary as to why each Senator should join the bill that you can share with others. Or feel free to email them directly:
- Senator Klobuchar (D-MN); Ben Driscoll (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senator Blumenthall (D-CT); Don Bell (email@example.com)
- Senator Murphy (D-CT); Michael Bednarczyk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senator Peters (D-MI); Jordan Wells (email@example.com)
- Senator Stabenow (D-MI); Emily Carwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senator Heinrich (D-NM); Jude McCartin (email@example.com)
- Senator Udall (D-NM); Andrew Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Senator Merkley (D-OR); Adrian Snead (email@example.com)
- Senator Wyden (D-OR); Sarah Bittleman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As Frederick Douglass said “power concedes nothing without a demand” so let’s demand equality via statehood from the above listed Senators and keep building support for our cause.
Keep well and see you on December 9th at Steel Plate!