On Saturday, May 17th at 3pm we’ll be having our monthly Neighbors United for DC Statehood meeting at Askale Cafe in Brookland (3629 12th St. NE). We have a healthy agenda to go through so we hope you can join us to assess our recent activities and plan for upcoming ones. Tentatively, we’ll be discussing:
- The statehood benefit concert
- Our lobby day training & the lobby day itself
- Planning for upcoming legislative efforts (both DC Council & Congress)
- Flag Day 2014
- 4th of July (Palisades Parade, other activities)
- Netroots Nation Conference
Please let me know if you plan on attending and if you have other items that should be added to our agenda. Thanks again for all your efforts to this cause. We’ve made great strides in the last couple of years because of your efforts (we’re just 2 cosponsors away from having the MOST cosponsors ever on the DC statehood bill in the Senate).
I hope to see you Saturday afternoon,
Askale is just 2 blocks from the Brookland-CUA metro and right on the 80 bus line.