Neighbors United for DC Statehood will have our monthly meeting this Saturday, September 14th at 3pm. Our meeting will be at Askale Cafe at the corner of 12th St. & Otis St. NE (just 2 blocks from the Brookland Metro & right on the 80 bus route). We hope that you will join us to learn more about what we are doing and to share your ideas for how the statehood movement can develop and expand. All are welcome so please bring yourself and others.
We have a lot of work to do, agenda items include but are not limited to:
- Updates on statehood meetings on Capitol Hill
- Planning for a potential hearing on statehood in the Senate (state by state lobby effort)
- Council statehood advocacy bill status
- Community festivals in the fall we should attend as outreach opportunities
- The Petition
- Neighborhood focused organizing ideas
- Other items & good times!
We hope to see you all there and many thanks to our hosts at Askale Cafe!